Frequently Asked Questions
What are my registration options?
You can register to start your own team, join an existing team, or participate without a team. When you register, you will first enter your personal information and shirt size. When you proceed to the next step, enter your team name or the team you would like to join, if applicable. You can also enter additional registrants by selecting the green “Add Another Registrant” button.
Step three gives you the option of adding a donation as part of the registration. Please review your cart to confirm the correct number of registrants, shirt sizes and any optional items selected before finalizing your registration and entering payment. Detailed information for registration can be found under the “HELP” tab. After completing the registration you will receive a confirmation email for each person registered, a receipt for registration and a credit card receipt.
I registered last year for the walk. Do I need my user name and password to register this year?
If you are a team captain and would like to have access to the prior year's list of team members and donors you need to enter your user name and password, or request them after you select the REGISTER button. Otherwise you can select the REGISTER button and select "No" to continue your registration. If you use the same name and email address from last year, your previous user name and password will be displayed at the end of the registration process.
How much does registration cost?
• Team Registration is $100 and includes up to six registrants and an official 2021 commemorative Step Up for Down Syndrome t-shirt. You will be responsible for organizing your team’s t-shirts and distributing them. Team registrations prior to July 1st will receive a $5 discount.
• To join a team, the registration fee is $5 per person. Your registration fee includes an official 2021 commemorative Step Up for Down Syndrome t-shirt. Individuals with Down syndrome have free registration, but must still register in order to receive a t-shirt.
• Individual Registration fee (not creating or joining a team) is $25 per person. Your registration fee includes an official 2021 commemorative Step Up for Down Syndrome t-shirt.
• If the registration fee will cause a hardship for your family, please contact DS ACT at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about hardship opportunities. Only DS ACT families may request hardship funds.
SHOULD I REGISTER MY KIDS?
• Yes, please register everyone who will be attending (even toddlers in strollers). This helps us plan for the day of the event; plus, only those who register receive t-shirts (we offer t-shirt sizes ranging from Youth S to Adult 3XL)
I HAVE A FAMILY MEMBER WHO WANTS TO JOIN MY TEAM BUT MAY NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE WALK. CAN THEY STILL JOIN MY TEAM?
• Yes, family members can still support you by joining your team and fundraising as a team member.
I did not complete my registration. How can I finish my registration at a later time?
An email was sent to your attention with a code and a URL to allow you to restart the registration. If you click on the URL, it will take you back to step 2 of registration. Please confirm the data entered and continue your registration. You can also enter the code in the email at the bottom of the screen after you hit the blue “Register” button. If you no longer have the email, please send an email to email@example.com, indicating you need your start registration code and include your name, email and that you are registering for the Connecticut Step Up Walk.
I tried to sign in, but I do not know my user name and password. How do I get this information?
When you registered for the walk, you were sent a registration email. This email contains both your user name and password. If you no longer have the email, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating you need your user name and password. Be sure to tell them you are registering for the Connecticut Step Up Walk.
Can I change my user name and password to something I can easily remember?
Yes, sign in and go to your profile page. From your profile page select Login and hit enter. You can then change your user name and/or password.
I have created a team. If someone donates through my child’s page, rather than the team page, will their donation count toward both my child’s personal goal & our team goal as well?
If someone donates to your child's page, the funds will be counted toward their individual total and also the team total.
If you only want donors to see the team page, you need to go to your child’s personal profile page and set the “Public profile page” to NO by sliding the toggle switch under this field from YES to NO.
I am having trouble uploading a photo to my personal or team profile page.
The ds-connex support team is available at email@example.com to upload your photo.