This is your big chance to give back! DSIA needs your help raising funds to continue our programs and outreach into 2020 and beyond.
Because of your support and participation, the Down Syndrome Information Alliance (DSIA) is able to provide critical information and support to families, and to raise awareness about the abilities of people with Down syndrome so that they can be included in all aspects of our community. We need your continued support to make this happen.
Step Up for Down Syndrome is our annual community event designed to raise funds for programs supporting people with Down syndrome in the Sacramento and surrounding areas.
Monies raised are used for:
- Providing new or expectant parents with a comprehensive guide to Down syndrome and one-on-one peer support
- Sponsorships to educational workshops and appointments
- Conduct Healthcare Outreach – providing medical professionals with up to date information about Down syndrome
- Opportunities for social connections among families
- Conducting Medical Outreach - educating the medical community on how to present a diagnosis of Down Syndrome in a compassionate manner and how to refer families to DSIA for support
- Hosting expert guest speakers, workshops, and clinics based on local families’ feedback and needs. Topics range from nutrition, sibling issues, education support, oral motor/speech therapy, social security and many more!
We appreciate your support; 100% of your donation is tax deductible.
We are a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to providing individuals with Down syndrome and their families life-long community connections. Tax I.D. 20-1702399