What Does Dayton Buddy Walk Fund

Of the funds raised, 93% stay local to help the MVDSA provide information, resources and support to individuals with Down syndrome, their families and their communities in the Miami Valley, including the important offerings noted below. The other 7% of the funds are contributed to the National Down Syndrome Society (NDSS) to support research, education and advocacy on the national level.

Local programming includes valued family support and services, such as:

  • Expectant/New Parent Support
  • Support/Activity Groups for:
    • Moms (Moms’ Night Out)
    • Dads Appreciating Down Syndrome (D.A.D.S.)
    • Playgroups
    • Teens
    • Adults
  • Opportunity Award Scholarships
  • Public Awareness Initiatives and Events
  • Social, Physical and Educational Opportunities, such as:
    • Dance Classes
    • Tennis Lessons
    • Educational Meetings
  • Annual Social Events, such as:
    • MVDSA’s Annual Family Picnic 
    • MVDSA’s Annual Winter Holiday Party
    • MVDSA’s Annual World Down Syndrome Day Celebration