Funds raised through the Columbus Buddy Walk® will provide critically needed family support and services.
- $100 will cover hardship funding like gas gift cards to families who have to travel in from rural areas to go to appointments at Nationwide Children's Hospital. For many DSACO families, it can be a two-hour drive for just one appointment. $100 helps to ease this burden.
- $200 will fund a full scholarship for a DSACO family. Scholarships help families gain educational opportunities like tutoring, recreational opportunities, like tennis or swimming, and assist with overcoming communication barriers by covering the cost of expensive communication apps.
- $500 will fund FREE access to healthcare management services for one full year for one DSACO family. This service brings peace of mind to any DSACO family who is trying to navigate confusing medical billing claims and coverage.
- $1,000 will fund one month's worth of Care Packages sent to families with extended stays at Nationwide Children's Hospital. With things like RSV, pneumonia, and heart conditions to manage, many of our DSACO families have extended and unexpected stays at NCH. These packages include gift cards to the NCH cafeteria, a warm, soft blanket, pizza gift cards, toiletries and other essentials.
- $1,500 will fund the cost of one of DSACO's 15 Resource Groups for a full year, like our Little Buddies/New Parent Resource Group. This group allows families to learn how to navigate resources and have the opportunity to bridge meaningful opportunities with other new parents.