Walk Day Information
The Columbus Buddy Walk® is more than a walk, it's a family reunion. Whether you have Down syndrome, know someone who does or just want to show your support – we invite you to join us during our 2020 Walk Your Way Weekend, October 3-4!
During the 2020 Columbus Buddy Walk®- Walk Your Way Weekend, you will join more than 14,000 walkers from all over Ohio as we unite for a common cause and raise funds to support the Down Syndrome Association of Central Ohio.
*Individuals with Down syndrome have complimentary registration, but still must be registered!
2020 Columbus Buddy Walk® - Walk Your Way Weekend
Saturday, October 3 - Sunday, October 4, 2020
Wherever YOU want to celebrate!
Schedule of Events for the Weekend: (*Additional Events will be added as we receive feedback from team captains!)
- Pre-Recorded Opening Ceremonies
- Pre-Recorded New Parent Welcome Ceremony
- Pre-Recorded Closing Ceremonies
- Live Zoom Dance Party from 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 4
- Host your own tailgate at your home
- Team up with other Buddy Walk® team captains in your town and host a big party at a local park or school
- Arrange to have a Car Parade to celebrate your loved one with Down syndrome from a distance
- Check out DSACO’s Schedule of Events for other teams’ tailgates and visit with friends (that’s what DSACO will be doing ?)
At-Home Celebration Kits:
We encourage you to celebrate the 2020 Columbus Buddy Walk® YOUR WAY! This means YOU plan what is best for you and your family! DSACO is working to provide at-home celebration kits to help you celebrate!
All team captains will receive a BASE CELEBRATION KIT of virtual tools to use, including:
- DJ Playlist
- Filters, Frames, Graphics for social media use
- Links to pre-recoded ceremonies
- Link to Jumbotron Presentation
Please send your Walk Your Way Weekend plans to Evanthia Brillhart at email@example.com so we can better customize our at-home celebration kits!
AT-HOME CELEBRATION KIT LEVELS:
$250 raised – Receive a customized (includes a photo of your loved one with DS) yard sign
*More levels and incentives will be announced in the coming weeks, stay tuned!