Walk Day Information
The Columbus Buddy Walk® is more than a walk, it's a family reunion. Whether you have Down syndrome, know someone who does or just want to show your support – we invite you to join us on Sunday, October 2nd, for the 2022 Columbus Buddy Walk®!
During the 2022 Columbus Buddy Walk®, you will join more than 14,000 walkers, both in-person and virtually, from all over Ohio as we unite for a common cause and raise funds to support the Down Syndrome Association of Central Ohio.
*Individuals with Down syndrome have complimentary registration, but still must be registered!
Never been to Fortress Obetz? Check out this awesome promo video, provided by City of Obetz!
EVENT DAY TIMELINE:
- 7:00 AM: Tailgate area (main parking lot) opens up to start setting up tailgate spots, please do not arrive prior to 7AM
- 9:00 AM: Registration & T-Shirt Pick Up Booth opens up; On-site activities open up
- 10:00 AM: Opening Ceremonies Begin on the stage (location will be on the turf field inside the venue)
- New Parent Ceremony
- Self Advocate Dance
- 10:30 AM: Walk Begins
- 12:00 PM: Closing Ceremonies begin
- 2:00 PM: On-site activities end; 2022 Columbus Buddy Walk ends
We hope you have time to check out all the on-site activities we have planned for
- Magical Adventures Characters
- Columbus Zoo Character Ambassadors
- Bounce House & Inflatables
- Toddler Area featuring Soft Play Ball Pit
- Sensory Room
- Touch A Truck featuring
- Hamilton Township Fire Truck
- Cement Truck
- AG Pro Earthmover
- Police Helicopter *Weather permitting
- Plus, so much more!
- Balloon Twisters
- Airbrush Tattoos
- Food Trucks
- Broke Johnny
- Tropical Chill Hawaiian Ice
- Komodo Loco
- Hogback BBQ Pit
- Local Vendors
Please note, pets (service/therapy animals are an exception) are not allowed at the Columbus Buddy Walk. To see a full list of items restricted from Fortress Obetz, please click here: Restricted Items Inside Fortress Obetz