Join the DSCBA and STEP UP for Down syndrome!
We invite you to celebrate the vast abilities and accomplishments of our members with Down syndrome. We're excited to celebrate again at the beautiful Oak Hill Park in Danville which features a scenic walk loop around the pond and an expansive green lawn area with shade trees.
SPACE IS LIMITED – REGISTER EARLY!
Sunday October 8th, 2023
10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Oak Hill Park in Danville
3005 Stone Valley Rd, Danville, CA 94526
BECOME A TEAM CAPTAIN AND FUNDRAISE - It's Free!
Our work is ongoing, and we rely on the generosity of supporters such as you to help fuel our mission to continue making a meaningful impact on the lives of individuals with Down syndrome and their families in the Greater Bay Area.
TAKE THE FIRST STEP NOW!
=> CREATE A TEAM PAGE HERE - You can be a fundraiser even if you are not planning to attend the walk.
=> USE SOCIAL MEDIA - After creating your page, click the button to create a Facebook Fundraiser. It automatically links to your team page!
=> SET A GOAL and start fundraising!
=> SPREAD THE WORD! Use email, DM, text, WhatsApp, etc. to share your team page with all of your friends and family.
Mark your calendar for these fundraising deadlines and strive to reach the milestones for great prizes! (Even more prizes for the Top 5 Teams listed at bottom of page).
REGISTER TO ATTEND => HERE
SPACE IS LIMITED SO REGISTER EARLY! You must register to attend prior to the event (no walk-ins, please). Registration fee includes all activities. Get your free DSCBA wristband at the event.
- Attendees aged 4 and up: $10
- Children 3 years and under: Free
- Attendees with DS: Free
• Bring your own picnic.
• Pre-order hot dogs during online registration process and pick up at event.
• Pre-order delicious Hazy BBQ lunch HERE and pick up at event. Note: When placing your order, first select October 8th date on calendar. Deadline is October 6th.
• Ice cream available for purchase at event.
Register your team by September 10th and get a free customized pre-printed sign with your team's name to carry during the walk! Teams registering after the deadline get a blank sign, while supplies last. (Pick up at check in.)
REGISTER => HERE
|10:00 am||Arrive and set up your picnic spot! Enjoy activities!|
|10:30 – 11:30 am||Official Walk. Individuals with Down syndrome will be recognized at the finish line and given an official certificate from the California State Assembly.|
|11:30 am – 2:00 pm||Enjoy your picnic lunch and all the activities|
|2:00 pm||Event Closes|
- Fun lawn games, face painting, balloon twisters, music and dancing!
- Walking path is less than ¼ mile paved flat sidewalk in a beautiful park setting.
- Character appearances and lots of photo opportunities!
- Plenty of parking in adjacent Monte Vista High School lot.
- Bring chairs and picnic blankets to enjoy the afternoon.
YOUR SUPPORT ALLOWS DSCBA TO:
- Connect families to resources and other families
- Provide one-of-a-kind programs for all ages
- Continue essential support services for the entire family
- Bring opportunities for empowerment and growth through education.
- Develop strategic alliances with education, medical and mental health communities.
As a supporter you have an awesome opportunity to make a significant impact on people's lives. The DSCBA is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization based in Danville. Our tax ID is 91-1904304
CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME PRIZES FOR TOP FUNDRAISING TEAM CAPTAINS: