Join John Muir Health and the DSCBA to Step Up and Step Out for Down Syndrome!
We had high hopes that we could return to an in-person event on October 17th for this year’s Step Up for Down Syndrome Walk. However, with the pandemic ongoing and the health and safety of our members as our top priority, we have adjusted the event and how we can come together. Rest assured, the spirit and celebration will remain!
In lieu of gathering 1,500+ people at Pleasant Hill Middle School, we invite you to STEP UP AND STEP OUT from wherever you are. And, as a thank you, qualifying teams will be treated to an exclusive Pumpkin Patch celebration! See below for more details and how you can help with DSCBA’s largest fundraiser of the year, which allows us to provide support and vital services for our members.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
BECOME A TEAM CAPTAIN & FUNDRAISE
- Start a team or join an existing team.
- Don’t forget that you can now link your page and create a Facebook Fundraiser at the time of registration. New this year: Your team members can do the same!
- Get your team to STEP UP AND STEP OUT from anywhere!Walk, run, bike, or do an activity in your neighborhood and have a picnic! Email pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org for us to share on our social media platforms.
- Team Captains with $100+ on their page by 10/1/21 will get a free Step-Up Kit for their activity, which will include:
- Team sign, pom-poms, sidewalk chalk, Halloween-themed masks, bubbles, and more!
- Recognition certificate for members with Down syndrome.
DSCBA’s GIFT TO YOU: HALLOWEEN PUMPKIN PATCH CELEBRATION!
Calling all Team Captains: You can qualify* to celebrate at the amazing Classic Pumpkin Patch in the Dublin/Castro Valley area on October 17th:
The fun includes:
- Exclusive hours for the DSCBA from 8:30-10:00am
- Wear your Halloween costume!
- Unlimited rides!
- Free pumpkin
- Goody Bag
- Photo ops
* Here’s how to qualify to attend the Halloween Pumpkin Patch Celebration:
- Raise $750+ on your team page by 10/10/21 to automatically qualify to attend!
- Raise $500 – $749 on your team page by 10/10/21: You’ll be entered into a drawing for chance to attend.
You will be sent a Pumpkin Patch registration link when you qualify.
Our goal is to raise more than $225,000! In 2020, with your help, we surpassed our goal! With your support we can do it again this year too. #stepup4dscba
Thanks to our sponsors, registration is FREE!