DSCBA and sponsors, John Muir Health and Manos Home Care, invite you to:
Bay Area Step Up for Down Syndrome Walk & Family Picnic
Sunday October 9th
10 am to 2 pm
NEW LOCATION: Oak Hill Park
3005 Stone Valley Rd, Danville, CA 94526
Join the DSCBA as we unite to celebrate inclusion and the vast abilities and accomplishments of our members with Down syndrome. October is National DS Awareness month, and we MUST all pledge to raise the necessary funds to keep the DSCBA going strong. Whether you have Down syndrome, know someone who does, or just want to show your support, take the first step, and create a team or donate today! Your gift is doubled thanks to a matching grant from the Quest Foundation!
NEW WALK LOCATION!
We’re excited to celebrate at the beautiful Oak Hill Park in Danville which features a scenic walk loop around the pond, an expansive green lawn area with shade trees and easy access from 680 Fwy. Register today and plan to attend this community event!
NEW: MUST REGISTER TO ATTEND PRIOR TO EVENT (no walk-ins, please) Registration fee includes all activities at the event!
Attendees age 4 and up: $10
Children 3 years and under: Free
Attendees with DS: Free
Virtual Fundraisers: Free
|10:00 am||Arrive and set up your picnic spot! Enjoy activities!|
|11:00 – 11:30 am||Official Walk|
|11:30 am – 2:00 pm||Enjoy your picnic lunch and all the activities|
|2:00 pm||Event Closes|
- Course is < ¼ mile paved flat sidewalk in a beautiful park setting.
- Members with Down syndrome will be recognized at the finish line
- Official certificate of recognition for attendees with Down syndrome.
- Fun Lawn Games
- Free Face Painting, Balloon Twisters
- Team Photo Opportunities
- Character Appearances
- Bring chairs and picnic blankets to enjoy the afternoon
- Plenty of parking in adjacent Monte Vista High School lot
NEW: QUALIFY TO GET A CUSTOM TEAM SIGN!
Just create a fundraising team with $200 or more on your page by Thursday, September 1st to get a FREE CUSTOM TEAM SIGN delivered to your home in the Bay Area.
CREATE YOUR TEAM & FUNDRAISE TO WIN AWESOME PRIZES:
Your support allows DSCBA to:
- Connect families to resources and other families
- Provide one-of-a-kind programs for all ages
- Continue essential support services for the entire family
- Bring opportunities for empowerment and growth through education.
- Develop strategic alliances with education, medical and mental health communities.
As a supporter you have an awesome opportunity to make a significant impact on people's lives.
The DSCBA is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization based in Danville. Our tax ID is 91-1904304
CLICK HERE TO CREATE A TEAM
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A COMMUNITY PARTNER
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO ATTEND THE WALK
Help us spread the word and celebrate all the amazing individuals with Down syndrome!